Unexplored 2 Early Access update gives players more ways to build their character
Latest update also bolsters trading in the generated open worlds of Ludomotion’s action-RPG
2 July, 2021 – The second major update for Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy,the ambitious roguelite RPG with the tabletop feel, will be released later today for Early Access players on Epic. The update introduces over a hundred new magic and item effects, and gives trade a significant upgrade with a variety of improvements, including the introduction of Unexplored 2’s own version of a trader’s mule (seen in the art above).
Unexplored 2 Game Director, Joris Dormans, explains how the latest changes further enhance the player experience by giving them many more viable choices in the way they choose to build their characters: “Now you can find and craft unique equipment that supports your style of play, or help you against some specific challenge that stands between you and the goals you set for a particular run. There are hundreds of new effects. Between the way they are spread across different items and the way they can combine, the possibilities are larger than we can even calculate.”
Here’s what’s included in ‘Update #2: Quality Goods and Sigil Magic’:
- 100+ new magic sigil effects for well-made items
- Well-made items appear more often in the game and now include armors, all types of weapons, and a larger variety of wands and staves
- 80+ individual positive and negative qualities for weapons, armor, jewelry, and gear. These qualities affect their use and value
- Your starting gear can have positive and negative qualities and always includes one well-made item
- More traders appear in towns and they offer better goods
- Some traders offer services to repair or identify items
- NPCs drop items more often when you defeat them
- Fewer items are marked as legacy items
- Spirit pearls are used to recharge magic items that have charges
- More options are offered when you can learn a new skill
- Serpent Spheres: a new utility item that allows you to enter the Serpent Path from anywhere in the world
- Impalas: a new type of creature that can be found roaming plains
- The taskmaster in Haven always offers you to suggest an ‘other task’
Alongside the new content and gameplay enhancements, the update will also include a number of bug fixes.
Watch the Early Access launch trailer:
> Press, streamers, content creators! To request an Early Access key, or for any coverage inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
Epic Games Store:https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/unexplored-2/
About the game
One quest. Unlimited adventure. Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy is a challenging roguelite RPG with a table-top feel, procedural node-based open world, and a cool twist on permadeath. Leave the Dungeon of Doom behind and venture into a vast, wondrous world as you embark on a heroic quest to destroy the mysterious Staff of Yendor. Explore beautiful landscapes and discover hidden marvels. Encounter magical creatures and dangerous foes. Make brave choices and put your faith in good fortune. Featuring a unique legacy system, advanced procedural generation technology, and rich, generative storytelling, Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy is an adventure like no other.
- Legacy system: the actions of past heroes impact the fortunes of those that follow in their footsteps. Use your legacy wisely to give successive adventurers greater hopes of completing their quest
- Permadeath in a persistent world: when a hero dies, they stay dead. But you can choose to return to the same world with a new adventurer, forearmed with knowledge of what lies ahead. Or, if you prefer, begin a new adventure in a completely uncharted world
- Generative storytelling: there is no premeditated script in Unexplored 2. Every adventurer’s ultimate goal may be the same – to destroy the Staff of Yendor – but every hero will have their own unique story of the events and encounters that happened along the way
- Procedural generation: Ludomotion’s proprietary technology generates content that feels designed by humans, not algorithms, and can create a near infinite number of new lands, new places, new stories, and new challenges to discover
- Orchestral adaptive soundtrack: an intricate system allows Unexplored 2‘s music to be arranged reactively, making subtle changes to the score at appropriate times, whether a moment of high emotion, or to provide foreshadowing
Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy is available now as an Early Access title on the Epic Games Store. Xbox versions are also confirmed, and will launch in 2022.
About Big Sugar
Big Sugar is a new publisher that does what it wants. And what it wants is to work with talented independent developers and to publish the unique, fun, compelling, entertaining, memorable, and all-round high-quality games that they create. https://bigsugargames.com/
About Ludomotion Based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Ludomotion is an independent developer aiming to advance gameplay technology and create all kinds of new gameplay experiences.