Save the World from a Mysterious Plague in Hand-Painted Mesoamerican Culture-Inspired ITORAH from Assemble Entertainment and Grimbart Tales
Guide the Only Human Left Through a Gorgeous World Filled with Challenging Platforming as you Jump, Dodge, and Chop Through Diverse Combat Encounters
Wiesbaden, Germany 23rd June, 2021 – Publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer Grimbart Tales have announced their genre-blending action-adventure title ITORAH is coming to Windows PC via Steam later this year. In ITORAH, the lush and verdant land of Nahucan is under threat from a deadly and mysterious plague! It’s up to the titular Itorah — who appears to be the last human left — to battle her way across multiple gorgeous biomes, combatting deadly foes and the even deadlier landscape to stop the threat and save the land of Nahucan.
ITORAH harkens back to the Nintendo Gameboy titles that inspired the team at Grimbart Tales. A loveable and scrappy cast of characters, a looming evil that threatens a colorful fantasy land, and of course, progressively more difficult platforming elements are but a few of the genre hallmarks awaiting players when the game drops later in 2021. As Itorah journeys through the world of Nahucan, she’ll meet a colorful cast of quirky characters, including her chatty and loud-mouthed weapon, which also serves as a guide, to help her understand the events of the past. She’ll need all the help she can get in order to make her way through the winding paths of Nahucan on her quest to save the land and battle the malignant contagion that threatens it!
Watch the ITORAH announcement trailer
“ITORAH is a game any player will feel instantly familiar with,” said Assemble Entertainment CEO Stefan Marcinek. “It takes all the best elements of the 8 and 16-bit platforming days and top-quality features that contemporary players expect and combines them with a hand-crafted vibrant aesthetic with tight, fluid gameplay and a heartwarming story filled with endearing characters.”
“With Assemble on board as our publishing partner, the launch of ITORAH becomes a reality and we couldn’t be more excited. ITORAH is an absolute labor of love, and our first game, so it’s really a thrilling time for us. As indie developers, we have the creative freedom to envision a universe that is shaped by numerous memories that fascinated us as children. Our goal is to create similar experiences for future generations and to pass on our passion for the fantastical,” said Artur Bäcker, Creative Director and Co-Founder of Grimbart Tales.
Key Features of ITORAH Include:
- Hand-Crafted Quality: Explore a beautifully realized world inspired by South and Central American landscapes, each lovingly hand-painted by the development team to breathe life into the world of Nahucan
- Moves like Jagger: Enjoy a staggering 200+ animations that truly bring Itorah and her amazing range of abilities to life in the hands of players
- Make Friends Along the Way: As the old saying goes, the “real treasure is the friends made along the way,” and Itorah will need the help of her new friends and allies to help her defeat the great evil threatening the land
- Good ol’ Fashioned Platforming: When she isn’t hacking and slashing her way across the landscape, Itorah will need to keep her jumping and dodging skills as sharp as her axe as she conquers progressively more difficult puzzles and platforming sections
- Unravel the Mystery: Is Itorah the only human left, and if so, what happened to everyone else? Get to the bottom of the mystery with plenty of exciting twists and turns along the way as the brave young warrior battles her way through lush forests, ancient temples, and more on her quest to save Nahucan!
Grimbart Tales received significant recognition and won 3rd place for ITORAH — the studio’s very first title — in the Indie Award category during Devcom 2020, the official game developer conference of Gamescom.
ITORAH will launch for Windows PC via Steam later this year. Add the game to your wishlist here.
For more information please contact:
Mark Allen PR Ltd on behalf of Assemble Entertainment.
About Assemble Entertainment
Based in Wiesbaden, Germany, Assemble Entertainment is an independent games developer and publisher best known for modernized award-winning Leisure Suit Larry series, featuring two new entries in the iconic decades-spanning saga, and the multi-award-winning Endzone – A World Apart, that challenges players to survive and thrive following an environmental apocalypse. Assemble Entertainment also organizes GermanDevDays, an annual conference that attracts more than 1,200 attendees from across the German-speaking video game development industry.
About Grimbart Tales
Founded in 2018, Grimbart Tales is an independent Development Studio based in Kaiserslautern, Germany. At Grimbart Tales we want to cherish wonderful memories and create games like the ones that thrilled us in our childhood by focusing on delivering high quality art combined with good old platforming gameplay. Learn more about us at https://www.grimbart-tales.com/.