Let the Shadowverse Showdown Begin! XSEED Games Releases Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle for Nintendo Switch
Popular Strategic Card Battle Game Goes Back to School with its North American Launch
TORRANCE, Calif. – Aug. 10, 2021 – XSEED Games, the independent-minded publishing brand of Marvelous USA, Inc., today announced that the strategic card battle RPG Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle has launched for the Nintendo Switch™ system. Based on the anime adaptation of Cygames’ hit mobile and PC game, this brand new story-based adventure is available physically on the XSEED Games Store and participating retailers, and digitally on the Nintendo eShop. Players who downloaded the free demo available on the Nintendo eShop can carry over their progress, and both the digital and physical versions include a special promo code granting two alternate art cards (three cards each), 10 seer’s globes, and cosmetic items redeemable in the mobile or PC version of Shadowverse. All Leader Skin and Battle Pass Premium Pass DLC are also now available for purchase.
The popular card battle system featured in Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle boasts seven classes—archetypes with unique mechanics to build decks around—and over 600 cards, including some brand new to the game, beautifully presented with deluxe battle animations. Veterans will find ample variety and strategic depth to utilize when crafting their own decks, and beginners can rely on tools such as ‘deck codes’—preconstructed deck lists they can reference to build a new deck—and an in-game ‘hint’ system that suggests the next move to help them take their first steps on the journey to becoming a Shadowverse master!
In Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle, players take the role of a transfer student to Tensei Academy, where they are quickly introduced to the Shadowverse card game by their classmate, Hiro Ryugasaki. The new friends team up with Shadowverse club president (and only member) Rei on a quest to master the popular card battle game and protect the club from the threat of disbandment by winning the national championship. Throughout their adventures, players will be able to explore unique locations around the school and surrounding town, where events and encounters await in the least expected places. Team up with new friends, battle to become the national champions, and save the Shadowverse club from getting shut down!
- Experience intensified for Nintendo Switch – Brand new cards unique to this release and deluxe battle animations amp up the excitement for veteran and new players alike!
- Electrifying one-on-one card battles – Use three types of cards to devise strategies and strive for victory. Become a master by skillfully playing cards, each with their own abilities, at the right time.
- Create the ultimate deck – Build decks from seven different classes, each with their own unique strengths, cards, and abilities. With over 600 cards to collect, the possibilities are endless.
- Play with friends or take on the world – Enjoy ranked matches, free matches, or lobby matches, and even get new cards and exchange deck codes in online play. Players can also challenge their friends through local wireless play.
- A colorful cast of characters – Encounter familiar faces from the Shadowverse anime, as well as all-new characters! Players will deepen their connection with their friends as they complete quests and enjoy student life.
Developed by Cygames and published by XSEED Games in North America on the Nintendo Switch™ system, Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle launched on Aug. 10, 2021. The game will be released by publisher Marvelous Europe in Europe on August 13. A physical version of the game is available through the XSEED Games Store and it is available digitally on the Nintendo eShop, both for $49.99. The title has been rated “T for Teen” by the ESRB.
More information about XSEED Games’ products can be found at www.xseedgames.com. Fans can also follow XSEED Games on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, get in depth info from their developer blog, and join the discussion on their Discord server at: http://discord.gg/XSEEDGames.
About XSEED Games
XSEED Games is the independent-minded publishing brand of Marvelous USA, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Marvelous Inc., which is a publicly traded company listed in the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Formed in 2004 and located in Torrance, California, XSEED Games publishes interactive entertainment content for PC and consoles from the Marvelous portfolio as well as from a wide variety of third-party partners. Whether it’s Marvelous properties such as STORY OF SEASONS (Bokujo Monogatari), SENRAN KAGURA, and Rune Factory, or third-party titles such as the Corpse Party and AKIBA’S TRIP series or Granblue Fantasy: Versus, XSEED Games has grown its reputation among gamers with its critically acclaimed localizations and commitment to fans, remaining ever dedicated to its “indie spirit, player-first” approach.
*Promo codes are only redeemable in the Google Play and Steam versions of the game.