BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites to Make a Blood-Drenched Return on PC and Consoles
Ziggurat Interactive Brings Back the Deadly Dhampir Later this Summer in a Remaster of WayForward’s Action Platformer — Featuring All-New Voice Acting by Laura Bailey and Troy Baker
DENVER, COLORADO (June 14th, 2021) — Today, publisher of retro-and-modern games, Ziggurat Interactive, announced a summer 2021 release for their remastered, high definition edition of BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites, coming to PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox, and Switch. In development by WayForward, the game’s original creators, this updated version of the hit 2D hack ‘n’ slash platformer will feature all-new voice acting performed by the original BloodRayne cast — Laura Bailey (Rayne) and Troy Baker (Kagan). This digital release is coming to Windows PC, PlayStation, Switch, and Xbox as well as an exclusive, multiplatform physical release through Limited Run Games.
“It has been a phenomenal experience working with WayForward to revisit and revamp BloodRayne Betrayal for a new generation of Rayne fans,” said Michael Devine, SVP of Business Development. “We were very fortunate to work with Laura Bailey and Troy Baker to lend their voices to their iconic characters.”
Released in 2011, the original BloodRayne Betrayal was met with passionate reviews for its gorgeous graphics and punishing difficulty. This iteration in the series changed things up by switching from a 3D format to a fast-paced, 2D side-scroller. As Rayne, players will battle through 15 levels as they wend their way through a hidden castle where a sinister gathering is taking place. It’s Rayne’s last job — will she “clean house” or find herself six feet under?
BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites Features:
- All-New Voice Acting: Originally released without any spoken dialog, the new BloodRayne Betrayal will feature AAA-quality voice acting by Laura Bailey and Troy Baker reprising their roles as Rayne and Kagan. Patrick Seitz and Todd Haberkorn are also featured as voice actors in the game, bringing more of its characters to life.
- Enhanced Edition: Cleaned-up visuals, squashed bugs, and support for HD displays (up to 4K) are just a few new details added to the game that help Rayne strut her stuff on modern PCs and consoles
- Advanced Controller Support: Improved support for haptic features on modern console controllers
- Modern Console Release: Rayne returns to console including a first-ever release on Nintendo Switch
- Physical Edition: Collectors rejoice! Fresh Bites will receive an exclusive physical edition release for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch through Limited Run Games
Ziggurat Interactive has over 40 retro classic games in development, with new games releasing every month. Keep up to date on the latest news from Ziggurat on Facebook, Twitter, and the company’s official website.
About Ziggurat Interactive
Ziggurat Interactive was launched in late 2019 with the goal of preserving and expanding the legacy of video games. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Ziggurat creates and celebrates games — expanding the audience for both retro and new titles by making them accessible to players of all types while bringing classic licenses and new IPs to market through a variety of distribution channels across multiple platforms.
Based in Valencia, California, WayForward was founded in 1990 and has remained an independent game developer for more than 30 years. It is home to many talented individuals including programmers, environment artists, animators, modelers, illustrators, audio wizards, designers, and team leaders. With new avenues for distributing games directly to fans, they are finally able to make the games they have always wanted to.