Akupara Games to Publish Turn-Based Strategy RPG, Absolute Tactics: Daughters of Mercy
“Borderlands” Jason Shields expands horizons into the tactics game genre
Watch the Official Reveal Trailer Now: https://youtu.be/DQT7KyVoyso
LOS ANGELES, CA – June 1, 2021 – Today, Akupara Games announces their collaboration with Curious Fate to publish Absolute Tactics: Daughters of Mercy. Known for his work on the Borderlands series and as Creative Director of Curious Fate, Jason endeavors to create a game with a mode for everyone in a genre typically known for its punishing mechanics. This includes a base difficulty offering a respectable challenge for those new to the genre, scaling up to a hardcore mode for the thrill-seeking player, offering mechanics like instadeath and fortified units.
Absolute Tactics: Daughters of Mercy puts a modern spin on classic tactics-style games. Featuring a diverse cast of characters, enormous boss monsters, and a dark world embroiled in war, Absolute Tactics plunges players right into action as our hero Huxley and his dog Max build their team of allies to defend their home against a mysterious invading army.
Control your units and make use of their unique traits to dominate your enemies with masterful strategies that take advantage of unit placement, varied attack patterns, and skills that are as unique as each character. Furthermore, players will be equipped with an extensive class customization system, including the option to dual-class – resulting in deeper synergies and nearly endless combinations to push back the opposition.
- 25 narrative story maps plus 11 optional maps, including additional post-game content and horde mode!
- Three levels of difficulty, plus an additional hardcore mode unlocked after completion – challenge yourself over and over again.
- Shaking up the SRPG experience with diverse gameplay, including large-scale War levels (with dozens of units on the battlefield simultaneously), environmental verticality, puzzle elements and traps!
- Accessible, class-based gameplay for the casual player combined with deep customization and mastery for serious tactics fans. 21 individual classes plus the ability to dual class allows for almost endless combinations.
- Unlock upgrades, collect loot, complete quests and meet a cast of colorful characters on your quest for glory.
A vast array of deadly enemies, traps, puzzles, and horrors await you on your adventure – Will you rise to the challenge to defend your city from peril? Absolute Tactics: Daughters of Mercy is set to launch in 2022 on Steam and on other unannounced platforms.
Wishlist Absolute Tactics on Steam:
About Curious Fate
Creator Jason Shields inadvertently fell into AAA video game development when sending his first indie video game around to various developers and publishers, looking for help in finishing and releasing it. Gearbox Software was so impressed with the submission that they offered Jason a job. 13 years later, Jason still works at Gearbox Software, primarily as a UI, Mission, and Level Designer on the “Borderlands” series. But the indie spirit does not die so easily. Jason’s indie band The Capsules has recently released its fifth studio album. And most importantly, Jason keeps fueling his indie-heart by continuing the journey set out all those years ago – developing the ambitious indie Strategy RPG called Absolute Tactics. For more information, visit: CuriousFate.com
About Akupara Games
Akupara Games is an indie game studio based in Los Angeles, California. Composed of veterans of the game industry, Akupara Games focuses its energy and resources as an “indie for indies” studio by providing premier support to other indie studios through development, publishing, porting, and advising. Their mission statement ensures that each project receives a unique experience and personalized support.
For more information, visit: AkuparaGames.com
Media & Additional Information:
- Absolute Tactics Press Kit: tinyurl.com/absolutetactics
- Press Contact: For press or media inquiries and/or interview requests, please contact Richard Suchit at firstname.lastname@example.org