Pokémon Masters EX Celebrates the Start of 2022 by Giving Away 100 Million Gems to Players
DeNA Co., Ltd., in partnership with The Pokémon Company, is celebrating the New Year with various themed content updates for Pokémon Masters EX, including a giveaway of 100 million Gems. Players that log-in to the game from now until January 8 at 5:59 a.m. GMT will automatically be entered to win up to 60,000 Gems as part of the overall prize pool. Five players will win 60,000 Gems, thirty players will win 12,000 Gems, one hundred players will win 6,000 Gems, one thousand players will win 3,000 Gems, while all other players will win between 300 and 1,000 Gems. Players will be able to claim their share of Gems between January 13 at 6:00 a.m. GMT and February 13 at 5:59 a.m. GMT.
DeNA also revealed a trailer marking the passing of the seasons that features the game’s seasonal sync pairs in 2021. This trailer can be found here on the official Pokémon Masters YouTube channel:
Players will be able to add New Years-inspired versions of Volkner (New Year’s 2022) & Electivire and Sabrina (New Year’s 2022) & Chingling via the Volkner and Sabrina Seasonal Scouts, available from now until January 18 at 5:59 a.m. GMT. The Electric-type sync pair of Volkner (New Year’s 2022) & Electivire can deploy moves like Discharge, which attacks all opponents at once and has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents. The Psychic-type sync pair of Sabrina (New Year’s 2022) & Chingling can utilize tactics like Condition Shield, which prevents the player’s team from becoming afflicted by status conditions. Both sync pairs can reach a 6★ EX Potential rating, which increases the strength of their sync moves and provides them with an additional New Years-inspired outfit to wear.
An in-game story event titled “New Year and New Friends” is also available now until January 18 at 5:59 a.m. GMT for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story. This event features Volkner and Sabrina in their New Year’s outfits as they participate in the New Year’s Battle Tournament, a competition where the team with the longest winning streak is declared victor.
To commemorate the New Year, players that log-in to the game before January 16 at 5:59 a.m. GMT will receive a gift of 3,000 Gems, while players that log-in daily during this period can earn up to 7,000 additional Gems.
In addition to these New Years-themed content updates, DeNA also announced that the following content updates are now available:
- Sygna Suit Cynthia (Renegade) & Giratina – Now Available: This Ghost-type sync pair can deploy moves like Ghost Wish, which changes the battlefield to a Ghost Zone where Ghost-type attacks are powered up. Their sync move, Renegade Shadow Force, deals twice as much damage as normal in a Ghost Zone. As one of the few Master sync pairs in the game, Sygna Suit Cynthia (Renegade) & Giratina possess a Master passive skill called Sinnoh Flag Bearer that powers up the player’s entire team. This sync pair can be obtained in the Sygna Suit Cynthia Master Fair Scout, available from now until February 27 at 9:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Villain Event Prelude – Galactic Nightmare: This event takes place in the Sinnoh region from the Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl games and features the dark deeds of Team Galactic as they try to apprehend Cynthia’s Pokémon. Players can complete battles to earn in-game rewards, which can be exchanged for items like 5★ Sinnoh Scout Tickets. This event is available from now until January 13 at 5:59 a.m. GMT for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story.
A trailer commemorating this event and featuring an epic clash between Dialga and Palkia can be found here on the official Pokémon YouTube channel:
- Add Sonia & Yamper: This versatile Electric-type sync pair from the Galar region can heal allies while simultaneously accelerating the Move Gauge thanks to a passive skill called Catalyzing Recovering. This sync pair can be obtained in the Sonia Spotlight Scout, available from now until January 8 at 5:59 a.m. GMT.
Players can check the in-game menus for more information. Note that in-game event dates are subject to change without notice.
Pokémon Masters EX is a real-time battling and strategy game for compatible Android and Apple devices that is free-to-start with in-app purchases. It can be downloaded at the links below:
- Google Play (Android): play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dena.a12026418
- App Store (iOS): apps.apple.com/app/id1442061397
The game is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese. Fans can learn more about Pokémon Masters EX at Pokémonmasters-game.com/en-US.
Stay tuned to the official social media channels on Twitter (twitter.com/PokémonMasters), Facebook (facebook.com/PokémonMastersGame), and Instagram (instagram.com/Pokémonmastersgame), as well as the official YouTube channel (youtube.com/c/PokémonMastersGame), for news about the game.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, please visit www.pokemon.co.uk.